SCHOOL SHADOWING AND TRANSITION TO MAINSTREAM
Inclusion in Mainstream education is the most important goal in most of our intervention. A child that is able to attend independently and successfully mainstream education, will likely be a successful and independent adult.
Successful transition to mainstream depends on a well designed transition plan.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM
Main characteristic of the Transition Program:
- Is based on a Transition Plan that include details intervention plans and teaching procedures;
- Is implemented by trained and supervised paraprofessional (usually called Shadow Therapist or Learning Support Aid);
- Addresses behavioral and psycho-emotional barriers that prevent academic success and social participation in the class;
- Is designed by a qualified professional with the cooperation of the school teachers team.
- Has limited duration. Typically between 3 to 9 months.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Our Transition Program is for children who experience challenges in in behavior, language, attention, social and emotional development, such as:
- Social and language deficits (such as Autism)
- Temper tantrums, aggressive behaviors and other behavioral problems that are difficult to manage in regular school
- Hyperactivity and lack of focus (Inattention)
- Noncompliance and difficulty to participate in school activities