School Shadowing and Transition to Mainstream
HomeSchool Shadowing and Transition to Mainstream
SCHOOL SHADOWING AND TRANSITION TO MAINSTREAM
Inclusion in Mainstream education is the most important goal in most of our intervention. A child that is able to attend independently and successfully mainstream education, will likely be a successful and independent adult.
Successful transition to mainstream depends on a well designed transition plan.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM
Main characteristic of the Transition Program:
- Is based on a Transition Plan that include details intervention plans and teaching procedures;
- Is implemented by trained and supervised paraprofessional (usually called Shadow Therapist or Learning Support Aid);
- Addresses behavioral and psycho-emotional barriers that prevent academic success and social participation in the class;
- Is designed by a qualified professional with the cooperation of the school teachers team.
- Has limited duration. Typically between 3 to 9 months.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Our Transition Program is for children who experience challenges in in behavior, language, attention, social and emotional development, such as:
- Social and language deficits (such as Autism)
- Temper tantrums, aggressive behaviors and other behavioral problems that are difficult to manage in regular school
- Hyperactivity and lack of focus (Inattention)
- Noncompliance and difficulty to participate in school activities