SPEECH AND LANGUAGE PROGRAMS
What makes a speech and language program effective?
According to our experience, there are 5 characteristics that any speech program should have:
- Should start with a complete language assessment to evaluate the child’s pre-existing skills.
- Should follow a curriculum based on typical language development to assure that targets are developmentally appropriate.
- Relies on effective teaching procedures, such as vocal shaping, stimulus control transfer, mand and tact training, to name the most basic.
- Address behavioral and emotional barriers that prevent speech and language development.
- Be highly motivating and engaging for the child because when the child is enthusiastic and cooperative therapy’s results are faster.
Make sure to provide your child with the best speech and language program, contact us for more information.