The Therapeutic Preschool Program is a unique service in Jakarta. It is designed for children that struggle to succeed in a childcare or preschool due to social, behavioral or language disorders.
After over 10 years in the field, we have come to realize that small groups are an ideal therapeutic settings because they offer the optimal combination of structure and variation, allowing program individualization in the context of social relation with peers.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Our Therapeutic Preschool Program is for children who experience challenges in in behavior, language, attention, social and emotional development, such as:
- Social and language deficits (such as Autism)
- Temper tantrums, aggressive behaviors and other behavioral problems that are difficult to manage in regular school
- Hyperactivity and lack of focus (Inattention)
- Noncompliance and difficulty to participate in school activities
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM
Children are usually in treatment for an average of nine months to a year and program usually complete with the inclusion of the child in mainstream education.
Main characteristic of the therapeutic preschool:
• Small groups of children (from 3 to 6 children)
• High instructor/children ratio (1:2)
• Emphasis on language, social and play skills
• Frequent monitoring of the child’s progress and program review
• Groups are led by highly skilled paraprofessionals who receive direct supervision from our licensed clinical staff.